|May 01, 2006 - Sep 30, 2006|
|Approximately 3.5 hours|
|Moderate level of
activity; Accessibility for people with disabilities
From the sea to the summit
our most popular rail adventure!
Take an unforgettable journey aboard the “Scenic Railway of the World” to the White Pass summit.
No other railroad is quite like the White Pass & Yukon Route. Against all odds, the iron trail was carved through some of the North’s most rugged terrain in 1898. This engineering wonder climbs nearly 3,000 feet over 20 miles of steep grades and cliff-hanging turns.
Relax in old-fashioned parlor cars as you retrace the original route to the White Pass summit, passing Bridal Veil Falls, Inspiration Point and Dead Horse Gulch. Enjoy a breathtaking panorama of mountains, glaciers, gorges, waterfalls, tunnels, trestles and historic sites. See the original Klondike Trail of ‘98 worn into the rocks, a permanent tribute to the thousands of souls who passed this way in search of fortune.
This tour departs from the cruise ship pier and is highly recommended for passengers using wheelchairs. More information
No identification is required as you do not disembark the train at the summit. This tour can accommodate electric wheelchairs and scooters.
• Duration: Approximately 3 Hours
• Pulled by vintage diesel locomotives
• Comfortable restored and replica passenger coaches
• Seat Exchange at Summit – Everyone gets a canyon view!
• Moderate Level of Activity
• Fully Narrated Tour
• 40 Miles Round Trip from Tidewater at Skagway to 2,865 Foot Elevation
• Breathtaking panorama of mountains, glaciers, gorges, and waterfalls
• Lift cars available to accommodate any wheelchair or scooter
• Complimentary Bottled Water
• Proof of Citizenship NOT required