|June 03 , 2006 - August 28, 2006|
|Approximately 8.5 hours|
|Sundays & Mondays|
|Moderate level of
From the sea to the summit to remote Bennett, British Columbia
Travel with Engine No. 73, our 1947 Baldwin steam locomotive on an 8 1/2 hour, eighty mile round trip adventure 20 miles beyond White Pass Summit to remote and historic Bennett, British Columbia - end of the Chilkoot Trail, a designated national historic site of Canada. During the two hour layover, participate in a walking tour with a Parks Canada historian, explore the area's artifacts and tour the historic displays in our 1903 train station. Fare includes box lunch and photo run-bys.
No other railroad is quite like the White Pass & Yukon Route. Against all odds, the iron trail was carved through some of the North’s most rugged terrain in 1898. This engineering wonder climbs nearly 3,000 feet over 20 miles of steep grades and cliff-hanging turns.
Relax in old-fashioned parlor cars as you retrace the original route to the White Pass summit, passing Bridal Veil Falls, Inspiration Point and Dead Horse Gulch. Enjoy a breathtaking panorama of mountains, glaciers, gorges, waterfalls, tunnels, trestles and historic sites. See the original Klondike Trail of ‘98 worn into the rocks, a permanent tribute to the thousands of souls who passed this way in search of fortune.
No identification is required as you do not disembark the train at the summit. This tour can accommodate electric wheelchairs and scooters.
• Duration: Approximately 8.5 Hours
• Pulled by 1947 Baldin locomotive Satudays or vintage diesel locomotives on Sundays & Mondays
• Comfortable restored and replica passenger coaches
• Seat Exchange at Summit – Everyone gets a canyon view!
• Moderate Level of Activity
• Fully Narrated Tour
• 80 Miles Round Trip from Tidewater at Skagway to Bennett, British Columbia
• Breathtaking panorama of mountains, glaciers, gorges, and waterfalls
• Box Lunch & Complimentary Bottled Water
• Photo Run-Bys
• Proof of Citizenship REQUIRED