Gary C. Danielson
Born and raised in Minneapolis, MN
Married to Margo for forty years.
B.S. from Cornell University
- 42 years in the travel industry, 22 of which were airline management.
- Qantas Airways in Minneapolis, Seattle and Chicago
North American Salesman of the Year award, Qantas Airways
- Alaska Airlines in Seattle, Fairbanks and Los Angeles.
- “Above and Beyond” award from Alaska Airlines for community service
- Alaska Division of Tourism during the Hammond administration.
- Sales Manager, Midwest Region for Princess Cruises 1989-1999.
- Region of the Year award 4 years, Princess Cruises
- Joined WP&YR originally in 1976 as Manager of Passenger Operations.
- Re-joined the company in January of 1999 as Vice President, Marketing and Corporate Planning, named Vice President in 2001, Executive Vice President in 2002 and President of The White Pass Group of Companies in January of 2003.
- Danielson also serves as a Vice President and Corporate Officer for the parent company Tri-White Corp. in Toronto, Ontario.
- Vice Chairman, Juneau Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Co-Chairman, AVA Convention 1980, Juneau
- Elected member of Skagway City Council
- Chairman, Southeast Alaska Marketing Council
- President, Southeast Alaska Tourism Council
- Chairman, Fairbanks Convention & Visitors Bureau
- President, Fairbanks AVA
- Chairman, 1982 AVA Convention, Fairbanks
- Vice President, Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, AVA
- Board of Directors, Alaska AVAMC
- Board of Directors, ATMC
- Board of Directors, Yukon Visitors Association